17 youngsters participated at this year's edition, which was split into two sessions; these took place in the middle and end of October in Tirana. It was a workshop of eight days with six intensive working days, in which various topics were treated very intensively.
The Academy for Social Democracy offered various topics which made it possible to take a look at the major political issues. These were included into six main modules, namely:
• Fundamentals of Social Democracy
• Participation, Public and Social Democracy
• Economics and Social Policy
• Welfare state, social justice and social democracy
• Europe and the European Social Model
• Peace and security in a social Europe
The modules allowed the exchange with leading experts, politicians, lecturers from universities, directors and researchers from various organizations and institutions, as well as representatives of civil society. The academy included panel discussions, presentations, workshops, etc.
The participants took part in discussions very intensively, could acquire further knowledge and increased their motivation to participate in the future political and social life of the country.